Saturday, April 9, 2011

A 5K for my 5th

My fifth race was on April 2nd.  I wasn't sure if it really counted for my year of races, but after much discussion I have decided it does count.  Even though it was a 5K it was still a race, I never set parameters around distances for my races except for my grand finale! 

Dad and I before the race!  (Too bad my eyes are closed)


The 5K was fun it was two laps around the campus of St. Mary's.  Which was nice because in the second lap you knew exactly where you were going, but the downfall was that you passed the finish line and had to keep going. 
Competing in this race were Alle, Bryan, Matt, Dad, Ginger, David, and yours truly.  Mom and Millie were on the side lines cheering us on. 




Matt, Alle and I after the run!
A 5k is definitely a much different race then a half marathon, because a half marathon is about endurance and perseverance, while a 5K you can just go for it and get it done.  I didn't think about it this way from the get go, so if I squeeze another 5K into the race schedule this year I will definitely go into it with that mind set.

Goofing off after the race.

Millie a runner?  We will have to wait and see

No comments:

Post a Comment