Monday, June 27, 2011

A 10K for my 10th!

Ok so I might be a little behind, but now it's time to catch up!
June 26th brought my 10th race of the year. In honor of it being the 10th I decided to do a 10K, the Summerfest 10K.  (Plus if I did the 10K I received a shirt that said in training for the Davis Moonlight!)
Dad and I traveled to Davis in order for me to run in this race. 
Here I am getting ready to start!
We arrived early enough for me to get rid of my pre race jitters.  When it was time for the race to start I realized there weren't going to be that many people racing with me, and the jitters set in again.  I told dad if he didn't see me after 1 and a half hours to send out a search party for me!

When the race started I set off to see what I could do!  Soon enough there was mile one right at 10 min! That was so exciting!  Then came mile 2 and mile 3.  I hadn't stopped to walk once I was doing really good.  I hit mile three at about 36 minutes. 

Here are some pictures of me!  Look closely I'm the dot in the bright yellow shirt!





My goal had become to hit the mile 5 marker at one hour....and I hit it right at 59 minutes!  I was thrilled.  I continued to run the next 1.2 miles, but I was a little slower than I had been the rest of the race. 

Just about to hit the mile 6 marker!

Dad I'm doing so good!

I finished off the last .2 miles of my race in a sprint. 


The finish line was unplugged! Soon after it was blown back up!
I finished the race in 1:20!  I was so proud of myself! 
I did it!

Since I am doing the Moonlight Run and I did Summerfest I recieved this shirt as well!
Summerfest was a great race to celebrate my 10th race of the year.
Next race: Run San Ramon, 10K 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment