Thursday, October 6, 2011

Number 17 the Longest Tri

September 25 brought me back to Granite Bay!  I hadn't been here since April's Ice Breaker Tri.  This race had .75 mile swim, a 13 mile bike, and a 5 mile run!
Dad and I headed up to Granite Bay bright and early!
Getting my cap on right!
 I felt the water and it felt cold, but definitely not as cold as in April.  I was nervous about swimming 3/4 of a mile....it's far!  As my time came and I ran in I started going as fast as I could.  My goggles started to fog up and I could no longer see the white bouies. When I finally knew I was back on course I continued on my way.  When I reached the first bouie I looked at the second bouie and started counting my strokes so that i wouldn't just go into breast stroke, which is what I go to when I am tired.  I felt like no time had passed when I got to the second bouie.  When I looked at where the finish line was for the swim I thought to myself "I can get there."  Well it felt like forever by the time I finally got there.  It took me 32 minutes to finish the swim, not too bad!

I did it!  I swam .75 miles!

Here I go!
 I took off on the bike for what I knew was going to a double loop.  It's a hilly course and having to do the same loop twice makes me feel like I am going slow.  The bike took me one hour eight minutes, and then I was ready for the run.
Now for the run!

And off I go!
 I yelled to dad as I ran by him, "I'll see you in an hour!"  I set out I knew what the first mile was going to look like, and I conquered it better than ever before. It felt like no time to get to mile 2, but then came the sand and the hills.  The hardest part of the run was mile 3-4 where I had to go straight up for a while and then straight down.  When I reached the water station at mile 4 I was extremely happy!  I knew exactly where I needed to go.  I was over an hour at this point in the run.  I ran the last mile in ten minutes and sprinted across the finish line.
I finished the race in 2:55!
Deciding what I should eat!

YES!  An Oreo and a banana!
Next race:  Scott Tinley!!!  October 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment